City of Bones

City of Bones - Cassandra Clare 3.5 of 5 stars

First off, I did really enjoy this book. I loved the world and the story and I really don't even care if most of it was "Borrowed" or "Inspired" by other sources. But I did have issues with a couple of things which kept me from giving this 5 stars.

I don't mind books with multiple points of view, however, I do want it to be clear when the POV has changed. There are a few times when the POV will change and you won't know who the heck is thinking or talking until something specific is said. It doesn't happen a whole lot so it's a minor annoyance, however, the MAJOR annoyance for me was Clary.

She is so amazingly aggravating. I can't stand the overused angsty teenager with a bad attitude cliche. I just really dislike her character so much. She is a brat even when others are trying to care for her. As the book goes on she gets a little bit better but my gosh I wanted to strangle her. Her character made it really hard for me to fully enjoy this book.

With that said, not everyone is going to find her as annoying as I did. So I would most certainly recommend this book to anyone who loves paranormal.